Monday, January 4, 2010

Its been awhile...

Happy New Year!!!!!!!!

I've been slacking on my blogging...with the holidays and birthdays and get togethers, it was hard to stay on top of it! But i'm back!! :-D

How was your holidays?! If it was anything like mine, it seemed to be non-stop busy. Oofta. We spent Christmas with Tom's family a few weeks before Christmas and then with my side of the family on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. We had a great time with everyone. We were very blessed with wonderful gifts and lots of great company. We drove back home up to the Cities on Christmas Day night only to be welcomed home to a driveway FULL of snow! I had originally told Tom that I didn't want to shovel on Christmas Day but shortly after we realized just how much snow there was, we didn't have a choice. We begun our shoveling venture and our neighbor Jim, who is completely awesome, came and plowed our driveway out which led us to get to celebrate our own little family Christmas. It was a great time! Kira LOVED opening presents this year. She was much more into it. Julia on the other hand, she had no idea. She liked the paper and then that was it for her. She just wasn't into it. :-) We had a great Christmas and a wonderful New Year's party too. We had a get together at our house that was filled with food, video games, board games, pop, kids, etc! We had a few close friends over and had an awesome time. I'll be honest though, i did take a nap with the girls before midnight rolled around. i'm getting too old to stay up that late! ;-)

I remember when I was young and in elementary school that the teachers would always have us make a list or pick one New Years resolution. Nowadays, it seems like people don't do that anymore but it still doesn't stop me from thinking about it. My New Years resolution this year is to lose some weight. Unfortunately, i'm still hanging onto my pregnancy weight from Julia. In the end, I would LOVE to lose 40 pounds. That would put me back at the weight I *want* to be at. I'm going to start trying alot harder to get those pounds off now that the holidays are behind us.
Another one would be to take some sort of vacation, but we'll see if that happens.

Tom and I are going to be starting our volleyball league up starting this week!!!!!! I'm very excited!! We are very blessed to have a wonderful babysitter that is going to watching the girls for us so for the first time in a few years, we'll both be able to play. I'm very excited!! it starts this Wednesday and i'm already giddy about it! :-)

We'll soon be celebrating our little Julia's 1 Year Birthday!!!!!!! I can't believe how fast time has gone!! We're going to be having a birthday party at the end of month for her!! It should be a great time!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope you're all doing well!! I hope we keep in touch more!! Also, we have intentions for this blog to turn into a Katie AND TOM blog to keep family and friends in our Marlin loop! : -)

Take Care!!

1 comment:

Joel said...

That makes two of us who have a "lose weight" resolution. Only about 50 pounds to go... :)