Sunday, September 4, 2011

New beginnings...

We're beginning the journey of having a kindergartener on Tuesday!! I can't believe its already just 2 days away!! I have a lot of mixed emotions with it. I'm SO happy and VERY proud of her! She has done awesome in preschool and is ready to take on "big girl school". She is very excited.
I will be honest and say that I'm excited for her but very nervous and sad at the same time. We had a chance to meet her teacher a few times and she seems awesome - so thats a very reassuring feeling. What is seeming to make it harder for me too is that I've had such a wonderful privledge of staying home with the girls for the last 5 years and now I won't have that anymore (well...with both girls home...Julia will still be home with me). She is going to all day kindergarten, so we're going to seriously miss her everyday! It's going to be a rough day on Tuesday but we'll manage. Tom and I both took the day off on Tuesday. Lets hope we can both hold it together.
I can't believe the fall weather is here!! Today it was in the upper 60's!! It's crazy! But it feels
great. I have been loving having the windows open and the fresh area flowing through our house,
its a wonderful feeling.
Kira is off to her first sleep over tonight!! She has talked about it before with her friends at preschool but it just felt like it was so far off still. She was approached tonight by her little friend and now she's off enjoying herself. Wow! I really feel old now. It's just another part of her thats just growing up too fast. She's getting so big and I would just really prefer it to slow down. :-)

I hope you all are enjoying your summer!! Take Care!!

-The Marlins

No comments: